Thursday, September 16, 2021

Want to read a great book about Britain's foxes?

 

The last book I read by a nature writer was Lucy Jones' Foxes Unearthed, and I reviewed the book over on my book blog (here), and you can read a more detailed piece on the book there.


The book's author considers the red fox of Britain, a familiar sight in both our towns and countryside. Considering how this cat like canine is both vilified and celebrated, how it is woven into our culture, and the strength of feeling this animal inspires, Lucy Jones investigates the truth about foxes. In this book, the author does not proselytise or preach, but instead allows truths to be revealed through her investigation.

I very much recommend this book and be prepared to feel inspired! After reading this book, I felt a great desire to go out of an evening and see if I could spot any foxes about their business!

You can buy Foxes Unearthed: A Story of Love and Loathing in Modern Britain by Lucy Jones here.

By the same author

Losing Eden: Why Our Minds Need the Wild by Lucy Jones

The Nature Seed: How to Raise Adventurous and Nurturing Kids by Lucy Jones and Kenneth Greenway

Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed the piece, and the recommendation, you can buy me a coffee on Ko-fi - it fuels my adventures in nature and my writing! Thank you again!


Disclaimer: should you make a purchase through links in this blog, I may earn a small commission from the sellers but that has no impact on the cost to you as consumer, nor does it influence the content of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Citizen science -- for the good of nature

  Holly blue (Celastrina argiolus) -- Butterfly Conservation undertake the Big Butterfly Count every summer, between July and August. (Photo...