Monday, May 23, 2022

A Tribute to the Riverside

 

Beside the river. (Photo from personal collection)



A Tribute to the Riverside


Ripples on water, branches wave,
A blackbird hunts some tiny thing.
Fractal patterns, Yellow flag sway,
And mayfly dance on joyous wing.

Escaped and sat beneath the trees,
In dappled sun and reverie.
If I could live inside this dream,
There would be nought to worry me.

The breeze that washes through the leaves
On branches far above my head
Sounds like the sea washing a beach;
I close my eyes and take a breath.

Filled with verdant green filtered air,
Bursting chest, breath held, then exhale;
A slow release of all my cares,
As Dandelion seeds sets sail.


Philip Simons 




Before you go, please consider supporting this blog, buying the author a coffee via ko-fi.com.

I resist allowing ad space here, hoping to generate conversation rather than clicks and sales. With the support of readers, I can write freely with my only consideration being for my own experiences and research, as opposed to commercial influences.

If you can, please visit ko-fi.com, and, if you enjoyed this posting, like, comment, share, and subscribe.

Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Citizen science -- for the good of nature

  Holly blue (Celastrina argiolus) -- Butterfly Conservation undertake the Big Butterfly Count every summer, between July and August. (Photo...