Sunday, November 7, 2021

SAVE this post for later, to help you find these great accounts on social media!

 


Hello there, and welcome to this little corner of the internet!

In today's post, I am going to share with you some of the accounts I follow across social media, the ones that satisfy my interest in nature and wildlife, and why I follow them.

So, without further ado . . .


Facebook

Bird Watching is the UK's best-selling birding magazine.

There are plenty of holes in my knowledge about birds, and following the Facebook page for this magazine affords me the opportunity to have conversations and exchanges with like-minded people, and improve my birding knowledge.

You can find the Bird Watching page here.


The Wildlife Blogger Crowd is a wildlife and nature blog community where those who maintain nature blogs can support each other. 

As a blogger myself, I follow this page because of that community spirit, but even if you don't write a blog yourself you may find something of interest here. If you love nature and wildlife writing, take a look - there is much to be found!

You can find The Wildlife Blogger Crowd here.


Springwatch Fans is a Facebook page for fans of the BBC's Springwatch programmes. It's there for exactly what it says it is there for. However, the discussions that take place on the page are not limited to the contents of the television shows and followers often discuss other nature and wildlife topics.

I follow this page because I am a fan of the Springwatch programmes and because I love nature and wildlife - simple!

You can find Springwatch Fans here.



Instagram

Greenpeace UK is the Instagram page for this charity and their work in the UK. I follow these pages because I am interested in conservation and the discussions around climate change, and the actions that are being taken by charities and non-profit organisations.

You can find Greenpeace UK here.


savebutterflies is the page for Butterfly Conservation, a British charity devoted to saving butterflies, moths and their habitats throughout the UK. Taking part in the Big Butterfly Count and other monitoring schemes is great fun, and the data goes towards saving these beautiful insects.

You can find SaveTheButterflies here.


bbcearth, as the page's bio says, "brings you face to face with nature, science and space". This is a BBC page, and I follow for the fascinating footage, photography, and facts.

You can find the BBC Earth page here.


Twitter

Keep the Ban, as you can imagine, is a page devoted to keeping the ban on hunting and fighting animal cruelty. Before taking a look at this page, I should like to warn you that sometimes they do share footage that has been taken by activists in an attempt to gather information against lawbreakers. Their aim is to tackle cruelty and gather information against criminals, but I'm aware that the footage can be upsetting for some.

You can find their page here.


Lucy Jones is a nature and wildlife writer that I have enthused about before (monstawild.blogspot.com), since I read Foxes Unearthed. It's my birthday soon and, as a little present to myself, I bought Losing Eden, which I've a feeling I am going to adore!

She writes with intelligence, care, and consideration; she writes how I wish I could write.

You can follow Lucy Jones on Twitter here.


Chris Packham describes himself simply as a "wildlife TV presenter & conservationist" in his Twitter bio. And, that is pretty much all it takes to pique my interest. However, Chris Packham also proves himself to be thoughtful, intelligent, knowledgeable, and considerate in his speaking and writing; I have a lot of time for this TV presenter and conservationist.

You can follow Chris Packham here.


Thank you for reading. You can support my writing by treating me to a coffee on ko-fi.com/philipsimons - the caffeine keeps me perusing social media and writing about what I find there! Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Citizen science -- for the good of nature

  Holly blue (Celastrina argiolus) -- Butterfly Conservation undertake the Big Butterfly Count every summer, between July and August. (Photo...